Monday, June 14, 2010

Many Kin

Now, I have no wish to arouse anxiety in my fellow travellers but I have noticed something I thought quite curious, if not frankly alarming. We are all doomed. That's right, with a little 'd' even. I was thinking we could all chuck in and buy a case of beer and some gin because even though the end is nigh it's still fucking late. Any excuse for a party. Do you think that if we had an End of the World party. You know, a BBQ Drinks and a range of organic intoxicants. that the arseholes who you have been surrounded by your whole miserable existance would use the opportunity to 'increase the peace'? Will you? I am not sure and as he who,knows a lot and guesses with amazing accuracy the rest of the time thinks this party will be as bad as the rest of the uncomfortable evenings you have spent with people who either you don't like or don't like you but are so 'polite' that they will smile and nod at your clumsy discourse while secretly cursing you because you remind them of someone who smelt funny on the train the other day. I would prefer to wait here alone. 'Live by the sword' and all that Malarky. Everyone you loved has gone already, this I find particularly disturbing because I KNOW there was room in that meat wagon for me. I'm supposed to feel lucky because we have medicines that will extend your painful illness for an inderminate length of time with a savagely reduced capacity for pleasure or happiness on a dead planet immersed to drowning in a culture that you hate and hates you too.
'They' say we are living on borrowed time.

Um, thanks?

Borrowed time. Borrowed from who exactly? I should like to give it back, in fact tell the bastard I will drop it round, as laborious as that is, because the evil prick has 'loaned" me something I absolutely do not wan't then charged me interest for it. At this rate I will live forever. YAY. A Life Sentence in a decaying meat gaol that polices itself and gives focus for the energies of the universe to toss you about between tradgedy and Joy if you are rare and very lucky. Vile tedium with the company of the mediocre at best,

No Thank-you.




No comments:

Post a Comment